Reason #1 TV is getting me into trouble...
I joined the Ann Coulter Fan Club on Facebook... and I blame Dr. Phil. I mean, I blame myself for watching Dr. Phil, but she came off as being sort of witty and well-spoken... and I found myself actually liking her. I know! I know! She's a raging bitch who hates everything liberal, but... I joined the Facebook Group to learn more about her.
Yes, I did it. I expected the backlash, and I got it... Not too bad, but as expected friends were both shocked and awed by my admition.
But seriously, I haven't crossed over to the dark side. My opinion of her is pretty much only based on her Dr. Phil appearance yesterday (yes, I was watching... but it was actually a pretty balanced episode about politics) but, she's such a bitch, I love it!
I know some people find Coulter's politics harsh and often despicable, but I gotta give her props for taking the strong stands she does - she really doesn't mind being unpopular. She was just so self-important, almost to the point of making me marvel at her confidence. How does one get to be THAT confident? I don't always like her views (yes, seriously, she's even too conservative for me -- but I like to read both sides, I just ordered Franken's book from Amazon). I'm just amused by HER -- she's so ... outspoken, even if I don't always love what she has to say, I kind of dig her moxie. I knew this would inflame the masses though, she's not a popular gal these days...
Reason #2 TV is getting me into trouble...
Shows like Lost and Big Love intrigue me. These shows are so effing good that I think about them ALL the time. More Lost than Big Love, but I'm watching Big Love right now and am reminded of it's awesomeness...!
Albie's such a schitzo! I'm watching him be the prophet in one scene, and then bend over in a rest station bathroom for a stranger -- that's range! Plus, the whole plural marriage thing makes me squinty -- but I like watching... heee! I can't imagine being born into that world - polygomy is awkward, but only because I'm not good at sharing things. I don't like the idea of someone wearing my shoes, let alone my husband... And I'm constantly baffled at Margene (Ginnifer Goodwin - sp? - is AWESOME!) -- she's so upbeat and sunny ALL THE TIME. What the heck does she have to be so happy about? What are they putting in the water? AND, how could Bill sleep with Ana? How can Barb hold in her secret? And what the heck is up with Sara, she's so odd lately?
On the Lost front, everything about the show has me gripped. I'm literally counting down the minutes until I get to see "Jughead," the latest episode -- which is supposed to BLOW our minds! Seriously, when I was Faraday in the opening scene of the premiere, I nearly peed myself. I jumped off the couch and yelled out, "Holy shit!" And this was in the first few minutes! By the time Hurley and Ben had their fateful conversation in Hurley's kitchen, I was already WISHING with EVERY fiber in my being that the show would last longer -- mourning the fact that the show was over, before it had even ended. It's so fabulous -- there are so many twists and turns...
Reason #3 TV is getting me into trouble...
Damn reality shows are so enticing...
Between all those "____ of Love" shows, the rejects from those shows that compete for money on a variety of "Charm Schools" and "I Love Money" competitions, and MTV's shitty teen docu-dramas, I can't make myself turn the boob tube off.
On a side note, I wonder if when they named it the "boob" tube that they knew we'd be watching programming where one of the contestants in a reality competition literally POPS her boob implant! That's taking "boob tube" to a WHOLE new level!
I have to make a confession. I don't watch American Idol, but I did watch Mama's Boys -- a ridiculous Bachelor-style spin-off, including toolie guys and their overbearing mothers. Seriously, the show made me sad. I really felt like one of the mothers wanted to DATE her son! GRODY! She literally threated to snap off his balls, about fifty times. And the Jewish mother who bullied her son out of picked the African American girl -- and he totally crumpled -- did not put Jewish mothers in a good light (but am I surprised?)...
I've also been watching Wife Swap and Cheaters - two of the trashiest, yet most gratifying shows on TV. Wife... has couples exchanging wives for two weeks - but it's the one with no cash prize, so the families are effing crazy! Last night I watched a Professional Organizer switch lives with a Pirate. Yes, you read that correctly, A PIRATE! The family was all dressed in pirate garb and went around pillaging. Cheaters is just the sleaziest show on TV, but damn... it's so good! Creepy Joey Greco follows cheatin' souls around, catches them on video tape and then exposes them with a huge camera crew and large vans -- the confrontations are explosive and usually INTENSE! It's the lowest side of human nature - but until they start re-airing Shipmates, it's all I've got to get me through these massive stacks of papers...
I'm in grading hell. Hopefully, I'll be done in a day or so, and then life will be full of less television.
1 comment:
May I recommend Ann Coulter's books as audio books? Her persona on TV isn't as revealing as simply knowing what's in the books - which is great conservative content attacking hypocrite liberals. The fastest and surest way to go through it is to listen to it in the car.
Also, you can subscribe to her newsletter on human events (which I linked to at my blog as - Human Events, everything's great except Pat Buchanan the racist dog)
"Lost" is an issue for many ;-)
Post a Comment